Who Are the Main Users of Instagram?
Instagram is enjoying a skyrocketing growth, especially in the last four years. Instagram had reached 1 billion monthly users, up from 800 million in 2017. So you can say it is one of the most popular social media worldwide.
But who exactly are these millions of people scrolling on Instagram every day? Who use this platform the most and why?
Location demographics of Instagram
75% of Instagram users
are from outside of the United States.
More than 60% of users log in daily on Instagram.
35% of users post several times a day, 24% of them do it only once a day.
The US has about 89 million monthly active users on Instagram, Brazil, and Russia are in the second place with 27 million MAU. And turkey is on the fourth place with 16 million.
Gender demographics of Instagram
Men, women, all the people out there find Instagram
the best way to share their moment with their friends. But, women use it a little bit more. The studies show that 31% of women and 24% of men use Instagram regularly to share, like and post.
Age demographics of Instagram
55% of the active users are 18-29-year-olds. The next largest Instagram age demographic is from 30 to 49 years old.So Instagram is the app for young people and teenagers.
15% of global active Instagram users
are women between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion.
- According to Facebook “ we acquired Instagram, but we are still focused on user growth and the users’ experience and do not yet derive any direct revenue from Instagram.”
- Having said that, they did start sponsored ads for big brands like Nike, General Electric, and Walt Disney and they certainly make a portion of their ad revenue from Instagram.
- Instagram is expected to generate about $1.5 billion in mobile advertising sales this year and $5 billion in 2018.
- Instagram is used by 48.8%of brands—a number that is expected to rise to 70.7% by 2017.
- More than 40 Billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram so far.
- 200 million Instagrammers actively visit the profile of a business every day
- Posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement.
- Brazil ranked second in female user share, the country is home to the largest total Instagram user base in Latin America and second worldwide.
- When Instagram introduced videos, 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
- Instagram videos get 2 times the engagement of photos than any other social media platform.
- The most popular hashtags on Instagram are #Love, #Instagood, #Me, #Cute, and #Follow.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, followed by Sushi.
- Instagram influencers are charging up to $100,000 for a sponsored post.
If you are running a business around anything about teenagers, women and young people, then Instagram Is an excellent way for you to promote your brand and find new customers.